Thursday, May 20, 2010

Remember how I said we had 5 jobs?

Turns out we're down to two! LOL How does that happen, one might ask. Well, here's the deal... I was writing and editing for the Spanish Fork Sentinel. Then they decided that the publication could last any longer due to the AWFUL economy.

- one job.

Then my work with the chiropractor also ended because, well... we just weren't a good fit for each other. I tend to think that I was too honest and that he liked butt kissing too much. And let's be honest here, I'm a straight shooter. You know where you stand with me on any given moment. So due to some conflict between our personalities it just wasn't beneficial to anyone.

- the second job.

Adam had picked up a job sweeping parking lots at night. That kept him pretty busy but eventually due to lack of communication he quit doing that.

- the third job.

The funny thing we're realizing is that we were working ourselves to death. And for what? Money? Eh, that crap is overrated. As a good friend of mine said, "You can't take it with you." And how true is that? I mean, why hate your job just to have that extra dinner out or to buy that new pair of shoes you don't really need but look fabulous with that dress, right? So I guess what I'm saying is, we're doing alright even with the loss of those jobs. We definitely don't have to stick to just PB and jelly. We're really lucky in that regard.

I'm firmly of the opinion that there is something out there that is greater and just waiting for me. Something that will allow me to enjoy my work life. After all, that 40 hours a week can make or break a soul. I've learned that the hard way I suppose.

So what have I been doing with my time?

Well.... we planted a garden! And it's only been two and a half weeks so its kind of pathetic, but hey! We've got sprouts of cilantro. And if that's the only thing that grows then I'm going to figure out how to make a pesto out of cilantro. And we'll have cilantro pesto everything all summer long.

We've been fishing and gun shooting a few times. I bought Adam a Rugger 10.22 for his birthday. He's wanted one since he was 11 and I thought it was high time he had one.

So there you have it. We also went on vacation, but I'm waiting for a card reader to post those pics, so they'll be coming shortly along with a pretty cool update on how our birthdays went. Just so you know, I'm 25 folks. That's right I survived a quarter of a century and I got married before I became a menace to society. But all that later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment